Two new drawings

It's a struggle, but I am overcoming the creative block that resulted from my shoulder injury and can post 3 A3 drawings, including this one.
"Ovoid 3"

As the above drawing demonstrates, I have started a series of "ovoid" drawings. It's a shape you don't often see in drawings and I use an old mirror as a form to draw around, in order to have a consistent size and accurate shape!
 I have also set myself the task of drawing 100x 9x9 cm drawings. I started drawing with the pattern method in 2012, but soon got tired of the childish restrictions then insisted upon in Zentangle circles (and later mostly modified as the initiators discovered colour and different sizes for their groupies) and moved on. I am deliberately going back to the 'small' idea to which I committed myself in 2012 and have an album of 100 little drawings to prove it!
But this time I am using squares on paper that is usually artist acrylic or watercolour card, so I have the additional task of accommodating whatever pattern I find on the paper. I also 'throw' coloured ink abstract backgrounds to work on and include a few mages to show what I mean.
The project of A3 drawings will include all the alphabet and some other 'signs' that I have already used (e.g, the treble clef)

"A"

"X"

3x9x9cm



Comments