Revival or Months of Sundays



Time to post a few 'revivals'. I've been enjoying the project I mentioned in my last mail. I still have a number of drawings - some abandoned - some more or less finished but not coloured - now ready to exhibit, not in any order because uploading them had its own idiosyncracies. I should point out that I realized why I had stopped working on some of them. I don't like all of them, but the challenge was to finish them and some look better in the show file because the scanner could not cope with some of the more vibrant colours.
I'm not sure if there will be any more though I have a file full of black and white drawings and some are shouting out for 'improvement'.
I've moved on to finding and executing some new ideas, having learnt quite a lot since I started dong A3 drawings in 2014. At that time I was fanatical about using a lot of different patterns and filling every tiny space in a drawing, a relic from my short zentangle era, before I spread my abstract drawing wings to replace further dozens of abstract and other oil and acrylic paintings that I stopped doing for space reasons.The pattern idea appealed to me, but the tiny format and twee-and-box attitude of many tanglists spreading their good news of zentangle didn't, so I got out of that web of disciples and started doing mainly A3 format works (the ones shown here are all A3).
7 years later I still enjoy drawing abstracts and will post newer drawings in a future post - maybe today!








This is the last revival up to now - an ironic celebration of the COVID-19 virus









Comments