Boo-kee

Challenge 147 was a UMT (use my tangle) + boo-kee task. I never really know what to make of UMT but assume it does not have to be a monotangle and that another of the patterns could (or should?) be my own. I decided not to add colour, as the design seems to need the strong black and white contrast. I used a variation of this week's mandala template by Erin Olsen not just to kill two birds with one stone, but because I thought my tangleation of boo-kee would fit it. The edges are a variation of my spiky cactus border. The  spheres are filled with an abstracted version of a cactus flower. Second thoughts about colour! I've added digitally coloured versions below. It's amazing what colour does, but I haven't decided yet which one I like best!

NB.March 18, 2018 -  I stopped doing these challenges when the blog closed I think it has started up again but I got out of the habit!
mandala with boo-kee and spiky
Below are examples of this mandala on digitally altered backgrounds. 


digitally added blue
digitally added red
digitally added yellow



Comments

  1. I like what you did with the orbs and Hollibaugh adds a different visual. As far as the color versions, I will put my vote on the yellow. It just seemed to pop out when I looked at them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Donald! I like the yellow version, too. I think I'll take a yellow textmarker and colour the drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well done Faith. Like the cogs of a clock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful use of the pattern, Faith - it works perfectly with the mandala template. I'm partial to plain black and white with yellow a close runner up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to thank everyone for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great in your zendala, and I love seeing the color variations!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment