More of the same ...

... not really. I once tried to copy one of my drawings and failed miserably. The reason is probably that I seldom start out with a plan, but just let the drawing grow like topsy until I think it's finished. Sometimes I return to a drawing and decide it is not finished. Other times I return to one and rip it up. These are imporvisations, as usual. The two with pearls on them have been completed with watercolour pencils, while the third incorporates two gel pens (and it is not shaded, so it is not really quite finished and may undergo a few more processes - if so I'll post a before and after for comparison). Shading is important but not obligatory  - it adds depth and perspective - sometimes I rub out all the graphic shading and just leave the drawing 'naked'. I think I went a bit over the top in the one with the green spheres. No matter. The next drawing always draws on the latest experience. By going through all my watercolour pencils I discovered that I have a wonderful selection of colours just waiting to be applied, so I'd better make a start.




Comments