How do merges work?

If you draw big, it's a bit more complicated documenting them, but it's fun.

I'm first showing you images of the merge bits. You have to make sure they are rhe right way up before merging, of course. I scan A3 on an A4 scanner, so 2 of the (usual) 4 scans are the 'wrong' way up. This is an older scan and I remembered to do a 180° turn on two of them before saving, so they were Ready to go. I had adjusted the contrast on each one - that isn't necessary since you have to Control the merge. The bits shown were ready to scan.





The resulting merge (or 'stitch') was good, but not perfect, so it had to be trimmed! I also retouched the surrounding white bits since they were not all the same. It#s a lot of work, but the result is more reliable than a photo and you have to edit photos anyway!





 For fun, I'll add a couple more
scan sets. 




 *********************************************************************************













Comments