Talking of doodling....

... I don't seem to have done much abotu it recently, but I'm starting up again after a creative pause!

Here are some older drawings. I'm going to have a big scan project soon. It's a better way to capture the A3 drawings than fiddling with lighting to get good photos, but they have to be merged. Photohop does it beautifully.
I don't really like all the drawings I finish - some don't get finished at all for that reason. Sometimes I go on and on finding patterns until it all gets so tedious that I stop and reach for some kind of colouring tool. But I really prefer just drawing curvy lines and making them fit together. New drawings will follow a.s.a.p. and I have promisted myself to update this blog every time I have new drawings to add. 

Too many colours!
I forced myself to add this one because I did it without black microns and I don't enjoy drawing without a metal topped black pen to get me going. So this was an experiment I shall not repeat!


Helena
 I started the Helena doodle in 2017, but my tiny granddaughter spent Christmas in hospital (with her mother, of course, she was only 2 months old) recovering from a bug, and I was too upset to finish it. Helena fortunately recovered fully and is now a delightful little girl, so this doodle is to reflect my joy. I could have added to it, but did not want to add anything to the basic drawing.
some of my favourite motifs

lines and spaces

The knightsbridge (check) pattern crops up quite often, even in small doses

I think this must be a TV drawing
 Drawing for the sake of it is a good way of not watching the boring bits on TV but doing something constructive/constructional instead. Most of these drawings are fiunished very fast and do not get any colour, though looking at this one, I think a few spshed of red might be nice.

Comments